Kogan + Kogan Dental, Inc. Team
Dr. Matthew Kogan, DMD
Dr. Kogan’s philosophy is centered around building meaningful relationships with patients based on respect and the delivery of exceptional dentistry. He is passionate about showing patients the possibilities that contemporary biological dentistry has to offer them, and assisting them in surpassing their goals and visions for their smile and oral health. He has extreme interest in the oral health-systemic health connection, and tries to minimize the potential impacts of dentistry on the overall health of each patient.
Dr. Kogan is fortunate to have had the opportunity to train and learn with some of the finest restorative and biological dentists, physicians, and naturopaths in the world. His core beliefs require that he does everything necessary to provide the most optimal, prudent, and individualized treatment for his patients who trust his care, skill, and judgment as their primary oral healthcare provider.
Since that time, Dr. Kogan’s immersion in advanced continuing education courses are too numerous to list here, but the most notable courses will be documented below. His continuing education interests are predominantly focused in the areas of biological dentistry, restorative dentistry, adhesive dentistry, orofacial pain and temporomandibular joint disorders, splint therapy, and advanced dental sleep medicine. He is always available to discuss his philosophies and modalities of treatment with anyone who may be more interested.
Dr. Kogan has been continually recognized by his peers as a “Top Dentist” in Cleveland and Cleveland Magazine for many years.
In his personal life, he enjoy CrossFitting (http://www.crossfit.com), Cleveland professional sports, Michigan collegiate athletics, photography, reading (non-fiction), music, and spending time with his family.
- Achieved status of “Accredited” with the International
- Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology
- Achieved status of “SMART Certified” with the International
- Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology
- Completing a 2-year Naturopathic Medicine program with the
- American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry that will result in Board Certification
- Ozone training with the American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry
Elections – Pankey Governing Organization (Today’s Dental Leaders)
- The Pankey Institute Advisor (September 2015)
Leader of the Cleveland Pankey Learning Group (PLG) – Cleveland, OH
- Elected by peers and colleagues to serve as an Advisor to The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education at the 2015 Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Notable Continuing Education Experiences
- The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education (Key Biscayne, Fl)
- E1: Developing the Exceptional Dental Practice and the Engaging Patient Experience
- E2: Splint Therapy and Occlusion in Everyday Dentistry
- E3: Integrating Aesthetics, Occlusion, and Restorative Principles: Blending Form and Function
- E4: Advanced Treatment Planning & Interdisciplinary Thinking… Thriving in an Advanced Restorative Practice [Drs. Jim Kincaid, Michael Scherb, Nancy Ward, William Gregg]
- Oral Facial Pain and Temporomandibular Disorders Mini-Residency with Dr. Jeff Okeson (Lexington, KY)
- The Metz Center for Advanced Sleep Medicine (Columbus, OH)
- The Metz Center for Advanced Diagnosis and Treatment Planning of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (Columbus, OH)
- Cleveland Academy for Advanced Dental Education (Cleveland, OH)
- Spear Study Group (Cleveland, OH)
- Pankey Learning Group (Cleveland, OH)
- International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (IAOMT)
- SMART (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique) Certified
- Mercury-safe dentistry
- American Equilibration Society (AES)
- The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education Alumni Association (Key Biscayne, FL)
- American Dental Association (Chicago, IL)
- Ohio Dental Association (Columbus, OH)
- Greater Cleveland Dental Society (Cleveland, OH)
- University of Michigan Alumni Association (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Case Western Reserve University Alumni Association (Cleveland, OH)
- Chapter Leader of The Pepper Pike Chapter of THE WESTON PRICE FOUNATION
Dr. Neil Kogan, DMD
Consistently recognized as one of our area’s top dentists, Dr. Neil has maintained a vigorous continuing education schedule throughout his career. He is an active member of the Cleveland Academy for Advanced Dental Education and the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. He also has completed the Pankey Institute Advanced Dental Education curriculum.
Dr. Neil has three sons, a stepson, and a stepdaughter, as well as three beautiful and awesome granddaughters. He lives in Solon with his wife Jacqueline, a health coach. They enjoy exercising in the Metroparks. He is an avid sports fan and dreams of a Cleveland Browns Super Bowl.
Carol, Registered Dental Hygienist
Amy, Registered Dental Hygienist
Mary Beth, Registered Dental Hygienist
Celeste Braun, Certified Dental Assistant, Clinical Coordinator, & Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary
Mickie CDA, Certified Dental Assistant & Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary
Jacqui CDA, Certified Dental Assistant & Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary
Linda, Office Manager & Financial Coordinator
for our office.