Safe Mercury Filling Removal with Detox Support
If you have these fillings, some of that mercury is released with every bite or swallow you take or whenever you brush the tops of your teeth. Having other metal in the mouth can increase mercury release, as can regular exposure to EMF radiation.
The health risks from mercury amalgam fillings have been well-documented.
When a patient chooses to have their amalgams removed and replaced with biocompatible restorations, safety is crucial. Simply drilling them out without any kind of protection exposes you and the dental team alike to dangerously high levels of mercury vapor.
That’s why, for both your health and ours – as well as that of our environment – we follow strict safety protocols to minimize mercury exposure, including the use of AustinAir and IQ Air technology to purify the air throughout the office. Both Dr. Neil and Dr. Matt have been certified by the IAOMT in the safe removal of mercury amalgam fillings.
Practices focused on your personal safety include…
- Protecting your mouth by using a rubber dam to isolate only the teeth to be worked on.
- Providing saliva suction behind the rubber dam as well as an alternative air supply.
- Providing you with full barriers for your face and body.
- Removing the fillings in chunks so as not to vaporize the mercury.
- Using a state-of-the-art filter/vacuum and a powerful ionizer to continuously keep the air clean, removing any mercury particulate.
- Rinsing with chlorella, which absorbs mercury.
- Supporting heavy metal detoxification before, during, and after mercury amalgam removal
Removing toxic amalgam fillings isn’t enough. Each patient’s toxic load is different, and each patient responds differently to amalgam removal. At Kogan+Kogan, we customize detoxification protocols before, during, and after removals. A mercury amalgam detox protocol is based on your unique health needs, but detox most often includes a blend of nutritional improvements, supplements, and homeopathic remedies that support your body’s self-healing power.